9 New functionalities made available on GST Portal
Following new functionalities have been made available on GST Portal for you, in last few days:
A. For Normal Taxpayers:
1. GSTR-2 Offline Version 2.1 – New version of GSTR-2 offline tool is available on GST portal now. You can use this tool to export data of GSTR-2 from Tool to Excel. This will also help you in comparing data with purchase register to take actions like accept, reject and modify for receiver.
2. Form GST ITC-04 – A functionality has been provided to Manufacturers to intimate details of Goods/capital goods sent to job worker and received back. This is a quarterly Statement to be furnished by them.
3. Form GST PMT-07 – Application for intimating discrepancy relating to payment (PMT-07 Grievance for payment) is available on GST Portal for you. This functionality will help you to raise grievance when the amount is debited from your account, but your Electronic Credit Ledger is not updated.
4. Facility to revise TRAN-1 – Facility to revise Form GST TRAN-1 has been enabled for Taxpayers, who had already filed it (prior to 9th November 2017). If revision is resulting in downward credit, the Taxpayer should be able to revise and file, only if he has sufficient balance in his credit ledger. Taxpayers who file
TRAN -1 for the first time on or after 9th November 2017, will not be able to revise it immediately. The functionality for them to revise the TRAN-1 shall be enabled shortly. It may be noted that TRAN -1 can be revised only once.
B. For Migrated taxpayers:
5. Form GST REG-29 – A functionality has been provided to migrated taxpayers (who are not liable for registration under GST) to file an Application for cancellation of provisional registration. Please Login with credentials, click on link “Cancellation of Provisional Registration” at the Dashboard (under view profile), mention reason, sign and Submit. The cancellation will be effective from appointed date.
C. For Exporter Taxpayers:
6. Table 6A of Form GSTR 1 – Taxpayer has been provided with facility to file their export data, Table 6A of Form GSTR 1, from the month of August, 2017 onwards, to enable validation and sanction of refund. This data once filed, need not be filed by taxpayer again at the time of filing returns, of the relevant months.
D. For taxpayers who have opted for Composition Scheme:
7. Form GSTR 4 – An Excel based GSTR-4 Offline tool has been provided to taxpayers (opting for composition scheme) to prepare their GSTR-4 Return offline. This tool will help them for generation of JSON file, for upload of data on GST Portal and for correction of downloaded GSTR-4 error file & for regeneration of JSON file for upload. Form GSTR-4 online upload functionality is also available to them for uploading of their quarterly returns.
Pl note that taxpayers who have opted for composition from beginning will be able to file Form GSTR-4 on the portal. Those who have opted in for composition later and have to file GSTR-1, 2, 3 for part period may wait till we enable the facility on the portal soon.
8. Form GST CMP-02 – As per Notification No. 45/2017 Central Tax Dated 13/10/2017 issued by CBEC, a functionality has been made available to you for Intimation to pay tax under Section 10 (Composition Levy) under Rule 3(2) of CGST Rules. This intimation is given by the person opting to pay tax under Composition Levy from the first of next month.
9. Form GST CMP-03 – As per Order No. 5/2017-GST Dated 28/10/2017 issued by CBEC, a functionality has been made available to you for Intimation of details of stock held on the date preceding the date from which the option for composition levy is exercised. You can fill this form and same can be filed electronically on GST portal by 30th November 2017, if you are opting for composition scheme.
This is for your information please. We will update about new functionality on GST Portal to you soon in coming days.